"I never met a Manolo I didn't like." - Kittie France



"You can never have enough hats, gloves and shoes." - Patsy Stone

"I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes, I had one thousand and sixty." - Imelda Marcos

"I never met a Manolo I didn't like." - Kittie France














Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 48 - Return of the King


I've missed you, Mr Blahnik. But here you are at last, with your inimitable style and characteristic flared heels (thank you, thank you, you are an engineering genius), making an appointment on Spring Street (The European, again). The picture is of a lovely pair of modified Carolyne slingbacks - a Blahnik staple - this time perforated in an interesting design and in beige. Total heaven. Worn with a sumptuous 90s fragrance from the house of Hermes, 24 Faubourg.

3 comments:

  1. Naturally, I love these. Such a sound investment. The colour, the design, everything. And I know how comfortable they would be. Mr. Blahnik is indeed a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do these slingbacks naturally hang on, or do you have to work them to make them stay? I always have troubles with slingbacks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do too. Slingbacks are a whole issue. It comes back to the foot, the shoe, the designer. I personally find the Jimmy Choo solution of an adjustable buckle superior (sorry Manolo) to the Manolo Blahnik elasticised band approach. Hard to predict. But I still love them to bits.

    ReplyDelete