"I never met a Manolo I didn't like." - Kittie France



"You can never have enough hats, gloves and shoes." - Patsy Stone

"I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes, I had one thousand and sixty." - Imelda Marcos

"I never met a Manolo I didn't like." - Kittie France














Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 44 - Cheap and cheery


Cheap and cheery they may be, but also fabulous. When these Isaac Mizrahi for Target (US) slides came out in around 2006, I bought up every pair I could find in my size and ended up with them in navy (pictured), hot pink and beige. The style is Georgina. They are made in China - suede uppers with delicate fabric bow detail, grosgrain fabric toebeds and brown stack kitten heels. They cost an average of around $20 a pair discounted. They are classic and comfortable, great for weekends, and I still get stopped in the street by inquisitive women wanting to know where I bought them. So Isaac, you were on a big winner here and please bring them back! Worn with Jo Malone Lime Basil & Mandarin cologne.

4 comments:

  1. and the wearer is only "Cheers!-y", never cheap.
    jxg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louisa, have you ever perused Isaac's collection for QVC? I am embarrassed to say that I am tempted by something on QVC. Should I be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gentle reader, yes, you should be tempted by anything by Isaac Mizrahi. I think he's a genius, and have a particular affinity with his fondness for the hot pink/pure red combo in everything from clothes to decor to footwear. However, I am not familiar with QVC and cannot vouch for how well they may be honoring his genius in terms of quality of execution. All I can say is that I am still using my Isaac Mizrahi for Target (TM) sheets, plates, cups, etc, so many years later, and I am still asked by guests where I procured such fabulosity. Go for it, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice would have a one word response to anything QVC-related.

    "No."

    ReplyDelete