"I never met a Manolo I didn't like." - Kittie France



"You can never have enough hats, gloves and shoes." - Patsy Stone

"I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes, I had one thousand and sixty." - Imelda Marcos

"I never met a Manolo I didn't like." - Kittie France














Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 9 - Love you long time

There's something about wearing these Betseyville by Betsey Johnson heels that makes me feel like a Thai streetwalker.  I had them marked as disposables in a recent wardrobe clean-out, but some invisible force made me retrieve them from the pile.  Why?  I think it's because every girl needs a pair of trampy heels in her 'robe.  Details:  the vamps are fabric, trimmed with bedazzled cherries, the heeltips and soles a Barbie pink.  The rest is sort of white lacquer - very satisfying.  Worn with Lolita Lempicka's Lolita Lempicka.

5 comments:

  1. I've always loved a Thai streetwalker. I love the story, really fun description.
    jxg

    ReplyDelete
  2. boom@rachelberger.comJanuary 10, 2011 at 2:06 PM

    The combination of a Kiss-me-pink nail varnish and street-walker heels is perfect. Also, the ready-to-pounce stance. Very alluring. I am curious to know what activity follows each shot...do you lunch, go shopping or indeed street-walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In this case, there was very limited walking from the car to bar, and a few drinks were involved at St Jude's Cellars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fetching is all I can say. And the slightly softened photograph makes me think there is pantyhose across the lens of the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not guilty. The 'pantyhose effect' is because it was taken on a friend's mobile phone.

    ReplyDelete