"I never met a Manolo I didn't like." - Kittie France



"You can never have enough hats, gloves and shoes." - Patsy Stone

"I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes, I had one thousand and sixty." - Imelda Marcos

"I never met a Manolo I didn't like." - Kittie France














Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 13 - Gen X

As a child of the sixties, I remember black and white TV, women with immovable lacquered hair and pants being referred to as "slacks".  I also remember shoes like these.  They are by Marc Jacobs in patent yellow leather trimmed with gold chain detail and navy patent, and have gold interiors and yellow soles.  I fell in love with them at first sight in Bloomingdales on North Michigan Avenue about three or four years ago.  At the time I had trouble justifying spending $500 on a pair of statement shoes, however fabulous, so I knew there was a God when our paths crossed again at Macy's sale some months later when they were considerably less expensive.  The rest is history. On an almost tropical day, worn with Estee Lauder's Azuree Soleil from some years back, when Tom Ford was curating their fragrances.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, these are very you and very fabulous! For some reason, make me think of Slim Aarons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just reading LT's review of Azuree, the original--I would love to smell it but don't think it's around.

    And you are the rare person who can wear yellow.
    jxg

    ReplyDelete
  3. These shoes have brightened my grey January. Wonderful! Favourite so far.

    PW

    ReplyDelete
  4. JXG, I think you're right - Azuree Soleil was a oncer - just put out one summer. It makes me smell like a cross between a gardenia and old-fashioned tanning oil. Estee has put out similar scents since.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It makes me want to do the go-go. And wear a hoop belt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kittie, I've been up drinking NI with young J and p M, we looked at your blog and all LOVED it. Keep up the good work. You are a wonder!

    Oh, and old-fashioned tanning oil has never been attractive to me. Give me butter instead.

    ReplyDelete