"I never met a Manolo I didn't like." - Kittie France



"You can never have enough hats, gloves and shoes." - Patsy Stone

"I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes, I had one thousand and sixty." - Imelda Marcos

"I never met a Manolo I didn't like." - Kittie France














Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 15 - Vulgar, vulgar, vulgar


You may recall this was how Fergie was once described by an appalled official from Buckingham Palace. These glamorous creations by Giuseppe Zanotti may well be the Fergies of the (high end) shoe world - strikingly red, heavily jewelled and a bit on the edge of respectability. Purchased on eBay from a lady in New Jersey (Carmela Soprano?) they have everything a glamour heel needs and more - red satin with tips trimmed in red crocodile, set off with gold heels and a jewel-encrusted ankle strap in shades of red, pink and amber. Still, despite all the frou frou, very elegant and a tribute to the shoemaker's art. Worn with Sira des Indes by Jean Patou. Auguri, Giuseppe!

2 comments: