"I never met a Manolo I didn't like." - Kittie France



"You can never have enough hats, gloves and shoes." - Patsy Stone

"I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes, I had one thousand and sixty." - Imelda Marcos

"I never met a Manolo I didn't like." - Kittie France














Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 206 - Il gattopardo

Kittie is re-reading the classic novel about decaying Sicilian nobility Il gattopardo (The Leopard) by Giuseppe di Lampedusa, and suitably inspired, is posed in leopard-print slingbacks with deep brown patent trim by leopard-loving designers Dolce & Gabbana, posed on an H&M leopard-print umbrella on this windswept and drizzly winter's day. (One half of the D&G partnership, Signor Dolce, is Sicilian-born). Worn with a spritz of Amouage Jubilation 25.

2 comments:

  1. The scene - girl in black double v corseted dress, over sized sunglasses, turning all the heads as she strolls by the cafe ( of course all of this is happening in a black&white), except the shoes are technicolor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wear these well. And I love the photo.

    I don't like the movie though, have you seen it. I just couldn't get into it, maybe because I was watching it at home. I found it to d r a g on and o n.

    ReplyDelete