"I never met a Manolo I didn't like." - Kittie France



"You can never have enough hats, gloves and shoes." - Patsy Stone

"I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes, I had one thousand and sixty." - Imelda Marcos

"I never met a Manolo I didn't like." - Kittie France














Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 204 - Ranga shoes

Redheads have been big in the news lately, with lots of coverage of ex-News Corp's Rebekah Brooks' spectacular mane. Australia is blessed with a redhead as Prime Minister - a member of the "ranga" tribe, as it's known locally, short for "orangutan", a red-haired primate from the jungles of Asia. These charming satin sandals by Nine West are channeling the ranga vibe in a lovely shade of orangutan against a red background, worn with the fabulous Ananas Fizz from L'Artisan Parfumeur.

3 comments:

  1. this is so politically incorrect, it makes me laugh. You know how we are in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do. Australian lack of correctness is double-edged sword I find. It can be good (refreshing and amusing) or really baaaaaad. However, Kittie has little sympathy for rangas. They are well able to fend for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Kathleen doesn't like that term ranga. Mind you, I take offense at the term 'red-headed stepchild'. Humph!

    ReplyDelete