"I never met a Manolo I didn't like." - Kittie France



"You can never have enough hats, gloves and shoes." - Patsy Stone

"I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes, I had one thousand and sixty." - Imelda Marcos

"I never met a Manolo I didn't like." - Kittie France














Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 130 - Cats cradle

I love these shoes.  I bought them from the John Fluevog boutique in Chicago in 2007, I think, and have worn them year in, year out ever since.  They have a sense of humour (sadly, a rare quality in shoes), attract compliments from appreciative strangers and are  comfortable and functional.  The colour is one of the things I love most - an interesting burnished olive, with curved wood-stack heels, enhanced by the fabulous flourish of the cats cradle ties at the front.   They're on Little Bourke Street on a very cool winter's day accompanied by Serge Lutens' comforting Cedre.

No comments:

Post a Comment