"I never met a Manolo I didn't like." - Kittie France



"You can never have enough hats, gloves and shoes." - Patsy Stone

"I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes, I had one thousand and sixty." - Imelda Marcos

"I never met a Manolo I didn't like." - Kittie France














Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 91 - Autumn leaves

There's a leaf theme today.  Autumn leaves are falling in Melbourne after the coolest March for 14 years.  So these charming glossy black Prada mules have some leaf foliage trim - and yes, you've seen them before, but I felt like wearing them today.  They are teamed with Frapin & Cie's cognac-inspired 1270 - very rich and...well...autumnal.  They are munching lunch with a very dear friend at Ca' de Vin, whom I suspect is growing tired of snapping my shoes!

But there's more:  another pair of guest shoes worn by a very well-travelled gentleman with (keep it to yourselves) an aristocratic pedigree!  I'm informed they are hand-stitched (no doubt by blind nuns) Italian soft suede chocolate brown loafers with silver buckle trim.  The brand is MoMa.  The venue is our favourite spot for quick toast on Friday night, Self Preservation - of course.  The leaves were not contrived, in case you were wondering.


1 comment: