"I never met a Manolo I didn't like." - Kittie France



"You can never have enough hats, gloves and shoes." - Patsy Stone

"I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes, I had one thousand and sixty." - Imelda Marcos

"I never met a Manolo I didn't like." - Kittie France














Friday, September 9, 2011

Day 252 - The perfect shoe - pure Chanel

May I say, these are the most sublime shoes in my whole collection? They are vintage Chanel, made of the softest leather (I think the beige bit is lambskin, like the famous Caviar handbags), and were purchased on eBay some years ago for around US$80. They had (probably) never been worn, were picked up by someone at a Hollywood yard sale, and sold for a song. They are bliss to wear, and I will love them forever. They are accompanied this evening, at another great runway show during Melbourne Spring Fashion Week, by Chanel's Bel Respiro.

Oh, but there's more...a guest shoe. I would like to show you a magnificent pair worn by a charming young man, Clayton, whom I encountered at the end of tonight's show. He said they were "just cheap" when I asked the brand, but I think you'll agree they're pretty amazing...!




8 comments:

  1. The juxtaposition of the two styles is startling this morning. I love your Chanels. And they are so appropriately you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joseph, I know. I thought the same thing - the juxtaposition, and it wasn't just Clayton's shoes, there were others equally "out there" tonight. It was amazing, really. But I really appreciate creative, wild, shoes, fundamentally I'm about balance, harmony, beauty and - to some extent - sex appeal. These shoes nail all of the above.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you shine those Chanels? I mean, what's to keep the black polish from getting on the tan or the tan polish from getting on the black?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are almost better than Dan's creations(aged 8, Helen St Primary School Northcote 1990 or thereabouts)
    Massive industrial springs superglued onto thongs. BOING! Didn't last long but what an impact! I want these black platformy things too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iconic...the almond toe shape is unmistakably Chanel - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tintin, Kittie walks VERY carefully, like most felines.

    ReplyDelete