"I never met a Manolo I didn't like." - Kittie France



"You can never have enough hats, gloves and shoes." - Patsy Stone

"I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes, I had one thousand and sixty." - Imelda Marcos

"I never met a Manolo I didn't like." - Kittie France














Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 242 - Bright lights

Pictured at the end of a long day surveying the city lights, these very charming Manolo Blahnik brown satin shoes trimmed with olive leather heels and ties are worn with L'Artisan Parfumeur's elegant tribute to Kittie's favourite rhizome, Iris Pallida.

4 comments:

  1. Love these. Did you wear these to work, Kittie? I'm currently considering a purchase of Kate Spade satin heels. They are divine but I can't decide if satin is okay for work...

    What is your expert opinion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did Alice. You can wear satin during the day if the shoes are right for the occasion. I think these are sober enough to wear to work, both in terms of style and colour. Satin gets a bit tricky though for work depending on style and colour: most satin shoes are clearly for evening wear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Kittie. You're right. I was trying to convince myself I could wear them to work. But no, not black satin. They're a beautiful shoe. Maybe I need them for ... after work!

    ReplyDelete